Sunday, February 22, 2009

Redlands Art Association Mini Show


Great news! I was awarded the Past President's Choice Award for the painting Posse. It included a cash award and was a very nice surprise. I will say it pays to research your juror before you submit!

Saturday was the start of the Plein Air Painters of Riverside paint out. I had helpers, Franz, MaCall and Eloise, to assist in getting me set up and sorted. Of course after about 45 minutes of sketching the Historic Taco Station I realised that I did not have my brushes. Difficult to paint without brushes. So phoned Franz and the girls who were half way op Mt. Rubidoux and had to come down to scout out brushes for me. I was on my own, on a street corner - no other artists in sight. They did find a store and arrived with three flats (my favorite brush) - of varying sizes. An hour later - they made it 3/4 of the way up the mountain this time, it was time for lunch - at well, you can guess. I'm happy with just about any place as long as it has a salsa bar.

No comments: