Monday, September 29, 2008

September Wanes

As September wanes I find myself still drawn to my bed like a magnet. There are days when I hardly feel human, more like my cat who accompanies me there. This condition of mine was caused by a "harmless" little virus called the Parvo B 19. My daughter brought it home from nursery school five years ago. Unfortunately I was one of the lucky few adults to contract the full force of the virus resulting in permanent damage to my entire system. For some reason the virus likes to recharge at the change of seasons, though this fall is particularly worse than last.

I particularly like this art deco painting of a sleeping woman because she feels so solid, all there. I often feel I am fading away, not so for this sleeping beauty.

Thank you to those who bid on the painting and helped make the auction a success!

Serena

No comments: