Thursday, September 4, 2008

For Looks Only

Several years ago my then eight year old daughter gave me these shoes for my birthday - picked them out all by herself. I came up with all sorts of reasons why I could not wear them - nothing to match, will be walking too far - might give me blisters, too nice - don't want to mess them up. Well, not long ago, without thinking, I bought a cute retro 1950's green madras plaid dress. First thing my daughter says is "wow, that will look great with the green shoes". Out of excuses, I wore them. Not three steps across the church parking lot, I twisted my ankle and had skinned my knee. Blood running down my leg, I sat through church with a wad of paper towels on my knee. So here they are. For Looks Only!


Title: For Looks Only
Medium: Oil on board
Size: 6 x 8"
Price: $100.00
Shipping: $5.00
SOLD

1 comment:

heidi said...

okay--that is a funny story.