Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sam Maloof Foundation

Today I had the good fortune to accompany my friend and artist, Helga Batman to the Maloof Foundation for Arts and Crafts. Sam Maloof is a master furniture craftsman - his work is in the Smithsonian. His home and property are now dedicated to the arts. There is a museum, his works shop tours, beautiful gardens and his new home. I had the good fortune to see him enjoying the lovely afternoon on his patio. Anyhow, here is one of his chairs and my paintings.

Title: Iris and Lemons
Size: 8 x 10 "
Medium: oil on panel
Price: $200.00
Shipping: $5.00

























Title: Maloof Path SOLD
Size: 6 x 8 "
Medium: oil on panel
Price: $100.00
Shipping: $5.00


























"There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it."

Sam Maloof

No comments: