Monday, March 23, 2009

White Water Tree

Saturday I drove with friend's Wilma and Helga to the White Water Nature Preserve, where the PAAR artists were painting for the day. We found a good spot, got all set up for a few hours of painting. I decided to start with a warm up. Not five minutes in the wind burst through the canyon sending brushes, pallets, canvas and paper towels flying everywhere. I had yellow ochre and sap green on my lap, hands and paint box. Determined to stick it out, I managed to get this little painting done. At which point we decided to eat our lunch (in a more sheltered spot) and seek less windy locations. Not to happen that day. The wind continued to bring in a storm and we gave up. I hope to go back late this week. It is a fun location.

Title: White Water Tree
Medium: oil on canvas panel
Size: 5 x 7"
Price: $100.00
Shipping: $2.00

No comments: