Friday, January 23, 2009

Oranges and Cezanne

Last week we purchased a nice supply of oranges from some gentlemen in the Home Depot parking lot. I knew right away they would be the subject of a painting or two. This is not categorized as a daily painting. It took much longer and is much larger than a daily painting, but I was too impatient to jump right in, so was not willing to start with a daily.

As I was painting I found something emerging in this painting and quickly decided it was Paul Cezanne. I had not looked at any work by or thought of Cezanne in years. I went right to my book shelf, pulled out a volume of his work and immediately found the similarities.

So, for your viewing, I present "Oranges".

Title: Oranges
Medium: Oil on panel
Size: 20 x 24"
Price: $1000.00

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!